Thank you for reading

Due to time limitations and internet protocols I am officially closing the Shanghai Chronicle after getting so many emails - "Are you still in China?" The answer is "Yes." Living life is taking up my time. If I again blog, I will make sure to let you know. Two years isn't bad!



All the best - G (2010.03.16)

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bored?

(Initially written on January 26th)

When I was arranging my trip to Hawaii the flights were complicated. I have a series of meetings in Singapore after Chinese New Year, so my flights turned out to be Shanghai -> Tokyo -> Honolulu -> Manila -> Singapore -> Shanghai. I'm flying on three different airlines and as I'm discovering now, have a couple of nasty layovers. Right now I'm stuck in the Tokyo, Narita airport. I've already waited two hours and have two more to go and I am extremely bored.

I can't remember the last time where I've had the opportunity to be bored. In the exhausting day-to-day world in Shanghai, I typically fall asleep whenever I sit down and I'm not eating or working. One of my friend jokes that every time I see him I start yawning. I did sleep on the flight from Shanghai to Tokyo and probably will fall asleep on the plane to Honolulu as well, but for now I'm up and restless. I have books to read and my ipod, but can't seem to focus on anything. I did some stretches in a corner, bought some weird dried fruit and water at the duty free store, explored the terminal and still have two hours!

When's the last time you were bored? Can you remember it? What did you do?

Happy Chinese New Year to all! Happy 牛 year! 新年快乐!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was once stucked in the Narita airport too, for hours. I did people watching, interesting! ^__^