Thank you for reading

Due to time limitations and internet protocols I am officially closing the Shanghai Chronicle after getting so many emails - "Are you still in China?" The answer is "Yes." Living life is taking up my time. If I again blog, I will make sure to let you know. Two years isn't bad!



All the best - G (2010.03.16)

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Annual Dinner

At the end of November my assistant asked me if I'd be willing to participate in my department's program for the annual dinner. She said that we'd be singing. I said yes, not really understanding (like a lot of things) what I was getting into. She neglected to mention that I would be kicking it off acapella. We wound up singing a song "Mercer Welcomes You" that we adapted from "Beijing Welcomes You," one of the songs that was very popular here due to the Olympics. It was an experience and now every single person in the office knows exactly who I am. I did get a round of applause though.

I hope you enjoy the attached video from the beginning of January. The actual song is quite a bit longer, but thought this gives you a feel for the event. One of my coworkers recorded it and it's not professional, but quite amusing.

Can you tell what languages my coworkers are singing in at the beginning?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! 超级女声!^_^

Anonymous said...

That was wonderful, as was your grace under that level of pressure!

MsGroom said...

You are the bravest person I know!! Bravo Greta!

Anonymous said...

Very Cool!

Eleanor Armstrong