Thank you for reading

Due to time limitations and internet protocols I am officially closing the Shanghai Chronicle after getting so many emails - "Are you still in China?" The answer is "Yes." Living life is taking up my time. If I again blog, I will make sure to let you know. Two years isn't bad!



All the best - G (2010.03.16)

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Chinese New Year at Yu Garden

On New Year's Day (February 7th), Matt, Chris and I went to Yu Garden - one of the main tourist attractions in Shanghai. So it seems, did most of the Shanghai population. The garden and surrounding area were absolutely packed with people. The attached slide show is our recordings of the day and experiences. The photo that I have chosen for the cover is Chris and my favorite photo - Chris took it while we were on the bridge of 9 turns. It is supposed to be lucky to cross the bridge because bad things cannot follow you as you cross the 9 turns. I don't think anyone could have followed across the bridge with that many people on it.
Chinese New Year at Yu Garden


I have many photos to post from New Year's as well as Marisha and Arnel's visit. I will post them as I can. Unfortunately I have had the flu the last couple of days and am still recovering.

Question - These are pictures from Chinese New Year - what are some of your New Year's traditions?

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite new years was in Japan - nothing beats a several hour long "battle of the musicians" special on Japanese public TV. :) The food was amazing too. Sadly, in the states I tend to either be working or sleeping on new years. Nothing exciting.