Thank you for reading

Due to time limitations and internet protocols I am officially closing the Shanghai Chronicle after getting so many emails - "Are you still in China?" The answer is "Yes." Living life is taking up my time. If I again blog, I will make sure to let you know. Two years isn't bad!



All the best - G (2010.03.16)

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

One of those moments

The last week has been crazy busy. I had my first business trip to Beijing – actually my first two trips to Beijing. It was great to meet all of my Beijing colleagues and over the course of four days I also managed to meet with 6 clients and prospects. I was home for a very brief weekend, and then Sunday night headed back for a key meeting with a client Monday afternoon.

The client meeting finished around five and I took a cab directly to the airport. There was only one cab at the building and the vendor we had been meeting with and my boss all insisted that I take the cab. I got into the cab, told the driver – “I'm going to the airport.” He asked, “Which terminal?” “I said – Terminal 3.” Then I said, “I'm very lucky today – my colleagues are very polite and they insisted that I take the cab. Sometimes it's good to be a woman.”

My cab driver cracked up. He started laughing really hard. Then it hit me. I think that may be the first time I've told a joke in Chinese. Score!

There is a phrase in Chinese, “越来越好” It translates to “Getting better and better.” I am. Slowly. Just one of those moments…

G

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greta,

I want to know if you gave the cabbie a big tip for catching your first joke? yuk,yuk........!

Love, MOM

Unknown said...

Girl Power!

Anonymous said...

越来越牛~ ^_^