Thank you for reading

Due to time limitations and internet protocols I am officially closing the Shanghai Chronicle after getting so many emails - "Are you still in China?" The answer is "Yes." Living life is taking up my time. If I again blog, I will make sure to let you know. Two years isn't bad!



All the best - G (2010.03.16)

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Serviced Apartment

Last night I was picked up at the airport by a Mr. Yun and whisked away to my temporary home for the next couple of weeks. I’m staying at a serviced apartment in Puxi, about a 20 minute walk south of the Mercer office while I get my bearings and look for a place to live. Serviced apartments are part of the typical expat experience in Asia – my apartment is bigger than a hotel room, with its own washing machine, living room and kitchen, but maid service every day, a concierge downstairs and other hotel perks like a swimming pool and fitness club.
My room is on the 30th floor with a balcony and last night was a rare clear night in Shanghai. I surveyed the neon lights around me and followed the moon across the sky, reveling in the energy and motion that is this city. I am extremely happy to be back.


G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

夜上海,总让人魂牵梦萦,欲拒还来,哈哈~

I