Thank you for reading

Due to time limitations and internet protocols I am officially closing the Shanghai Chronicle after getting so many emails - "Are you still in China?" The answer is "Yes." Living life is taking up my time. If I again blog, I will make sure to let you know. Two years isn't bad!



All the best - G (2010.03.16)

Friday, January 4, 2008

Who ya gonna call?

Our gym has been a good reliever of stress with its unique musical selections. A couple of weeks ago Chris commented that he had never heard "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" followed by "California Knows How to Party" by Dr. Dre. Today I was riding the stationary bicycle listening to my ipod when I realized that a semi-familiar melody was blasting out of the speakers. It was a techno version of the Ghostbusters theme song. Someone must have remixed it for a club and here it was in my local gym. I turned off my ipod and pedaled along to the music until the song ended and Bryan Adams singing "Everything I Do (I do it for you)" took over. Despite my nostalgia for high school dances, I replaced my earphones and continued my workout.

Q - What's the strangest song you've heard in a normal place? Or rather, what normal song have you heard in the strangest place?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i her a lot of celine dion in the grocery store...but i like celine.

Anonymous said...

The theme of The Closer came out from a cafe when I passed by it on the way home. When I was walking away, I looked back, but there is no closer there. ^^

I