Thank you for reading

Due to time limitations and internet protocols I am officially closing the Shanghai Chronicle after getting so many emails - "Are you still in China?" The answer is "Yes." Living life is taking up my time. If I again blog, I will make sure to let you know. Two years isn't bad!



All the best - G (2010.03.16)

Monday, May 25, 2009

Stars

Chris came to visit this weekend. It was great to see him and hear how life in Yantai differs from life in Shanghai. Saturday night we went to dinner with friends in Pudong then walked along the Pudong side of the Bund. The weather was beautiful and the lights on the buildings sparkling and spinning. A man was singing and playing the guitar making our own soundtrack as we walked up and down talking about life and the changes that occur so quickly here.

Walking back to my apartment after a great evening I looked up and realized that I could see stars. I think it is the first time I have noticed them here. The big dipper was twinkling down among the lights of Shanghai. Even in Shanghai the stars are the same.

Next time you look at the stars think of me on the other side of the world and smile.

G

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think of you often!

Much love,
Anne

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that you have another friend in a different part of China right now. Jean touched down on Sunday in the South eastern part of the country! Her email is the same.
Annette

Anonymous said...

I think of you often! I wish we could go on our rambles through the neighborhood like we used to.
Hope things are well

Emily

Anonymous said...

hi greta-
We are at the cottage with your mom and dad! had a wonderful lunch and needed a break before pie. Went for a walk down the beach to the little cottage and threw some rocks in the water. Today cool 55 and breezy and cloudy but always a good day at the cottage. YOur dad had a fire going when we arrived and having fun catching up on everyone. Sophe will go to Theatre camp for 3 weeks end of June in LA and Elle will be home with me till we take her to school in Prague. She will be there for the fall term. MY mom and dad are good and me just busy with everything. Have FUN!!!
Lots of Love- cousin Heidi