Thank you for reading

Due to time limitations and internet protocols I am officially closing the Shanghai Chronicle after getting so many emails - "Are you still in China?" The answer is "Yes." Living life is taking up my time. If I again blog, I will make sure to let you know. Two years isn't bad!



All the best - G (2010.03.16)

Saturday, May 9, 2009

15 seconds

Two weeks ago I went to the Shanghai motorshow with a friend. It was enormous - 11 huge areas full of cars, parts, models and people - over 500,000 attending the show over the course of the week. The highlight though was that I was interviewed by a local news station while we were there.

After 7 hours of looking at cars I made it home around 7pm to receive several text messages that I was on the 6:30 news! Luckily there was a repeat broadcast at 9:30 which we recorded in the below. If you're curious I'm saying that I am for electric cars and that I believe this year and next year we should all start using them.

The next day I was in the elevator and one of my colleagues said, "I saw you on TV in the subway!" It appears that this story was also played on the TVs in the subway during Monday morning rush hour.

I am famous - at least for a little while - maybe 15 seconds of my 15 minutes. No autographs, please.

Cheers!

G

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow that is too cool! Way to go Greta K.!

Christa said...

Ha ha ha! That is so awesome! Kinda weird to hear you talking and have no idea what you're saying though. :-) Now I can officially say I knew you when...