Thank you for reading

Due to time limitations and internet protocols I am officially closing the Shanghai Chronicle after getting so many emails - "Are you still in China?" The answer is "Yes." Living life is taking up my time. If I again blog, I will make sure to let you know. Two years isn't bad!



All the best - G (2010.03.16)

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Free

The weather the last two weeks has been pretty nasty overall. Rain, fog, pollution, mist, wind … we’ve had the entire spectrum. Yesterday morning as I was struggling down the driveway of my complex I saw a pair of men’s underwear (boxers) by the side of the road. The picture that immediately came to my mind was someone stripping off their clothes and dancing in the rain, free from everything. The less romantic vision is that someone didn’t securely fasten the boxers to the clothes line and the wind had carried them away. I prefer my initial thought.

Question – Have you ever danced in the rain?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

兴奋的时候没有下雨,下雨的时候还有很兴奋过,所以,nope, not yet~~ :-)

Anonymous said...

兴奋的时候没有下雨,下雨的时候没有很兴奋过,所以,nope, not yet~~ :-)

Anonymous said...

Not "danced," per se, but I have walked in a downpour, soaked to the skin, without a care in the world. And I'm not talkin' about "hunched over dodging from tree to tree in an completely failed effort to be 'less wet' by the time I get home; this is "full yet casual stride w/shit-eating grin and head raised high."

I love walking in a downpour; it's so liberating. I feel like Andy Dufresne near the end of "Shawshank Redemption." Came close to doing it this summer, but the storm had subsided by the time I got back home. Oh well, next time.

One downside: soaking wet jeans are a pain to remove. Better to be soaked in a pair of slacks.

Hi Greta. I'm back, and anted in.

Anonymous said...

I have danced in the rain many times. But more interesting is an old friend of mine who used to blast that song 'Hard rain's gonna fall' song (or whatever it's called) and dance to that in the rain.
PS
Any reactions to Obama winning the election?
Annette

Anonymous said...

Yes! And puddle stompped too!
~Anne