Thank you for reading

Due to time limitations and internet protocols I am officially closing the Shanghai Chronicle after getting so many emails - "Are you still in China?" The answer is "Yes." Living life is taking up my time. If I again blog, I will make sure to let you know. Two years isn't bad!



All the best - G (2010.03.16)

Thursday, August 28, 2008

The adventure continues…

About 10 months ago I opened this blog with my question about what I should pack for my trip. I got lots of great ideas – deodorant, a special occasion dress, chewing gum, a travel towel… I used all of that advice and as you know had an absolutely wonderful experience living and teaching English in Shanghai. My sabbatical has been a resounding success. Now, I’m continuing my adventure.

In just a little over a week I am going to be returning to Shanghai, this time on a three year assignment with MERCER, the company that I worked for in Chicago for over five years. I’m transferring to the Shanghai office and will be a “Regional Consultant.” I am excited to have the opportunity of being an actuary in China and apply my technical, logical, actuarial brain in this developing and dynamic country. People keep telling me that they’re living vicariously through me. Well, I’m enjoying being me too.

The last two months in the States have been a whirlwind of friends and family and cleaning and packing. I still am waiting for a couple of loose ends, including my visa paperwork, but I’m sure that it will all work out. I’ve gotten quite a few questions if I’m going to be continuing my blog. Right now that is the plan, but I will need a new title. It’s not “The Shanghai Chronicle – my experiences in China in 2007 and 2008” by “An Actuary on Sabbatical” anymore. It’s morphed into something new.

Question: What should my new title be? What advice do you have as I start this adventure again?

Cheers!
G

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about "格瑞塔的世界" (Greta's world). lol.

Anonymous said...

How about 'An Actual Actuary in Asia"- yeah that's bad but I'll keep thinking.
Annette

Christopher said...

greta's world....i dig it.... or how about "living the dream" ....shanghai welcomes you back! see you next week! ---chris