Thank you for reading

Due to time limitations and internet protocols I am officially closing the Shanghai Chronicle after getting so many emails - "Are you still in China?" The answer is "Yes." Living life is taking up my time. If I again blog, I will make sure to let you know. Two years isn't bad!



All the best - G (2010.03.16)

Saturday, December 8, 2007

After Six and a Half Years...

I just received the news that my PD plan has been accepted. I have completed all of the requirements to become an FSA (Fellow in the Society of Actuaries) save the FAC (Fellowship Admissions Course). Right now I am planning on taking the FAC after I return from Asia, but will have to contact the Society to establish the particulars.

Thank you to all of you who have supported me during this process, especially my parents, Derek Guyton - my PD reviewer and exam mentor for many sittings, Lisa Black - for making sure I had my priorities straight when I started work, Tony Mateja for rearranging my schedule so I didn't go crazy, Valerie Nelson and Ben York - for giving me study materials and lots of great practical advice.

Wow.

G

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, says it all! Congratulations!

Love,
MOM and DAD

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Greta!!!!!! I have no idea what that all means, but it sounds really important, and I know it has something to do with all those horrible tests you've been taking over the years. :-) I'm so happy for you!!!

-Christa

David said...

Congrats Greta!!! You are my hero. Come back soon so you can go to the FAC!

Anonymous said...

Greta....Congratulations!!! I'm with Christa on this...I have no idea what it all means, but Chris told me that you've been working on it for six years!

Eleanor (Chris's Mom)

Unknown said...

WOOOT! Yahoooo! Hip Hip Hooray! Great job Greta :)

Love,
Anne

Anonymous said...

I'm with Christa & Elanor. I have no idea what that means, but I do know that it was hard to do. Congratulations to you Greta for a job very well done...
KTL

Anonymous said...

Great News - Congratulations

Mitch